Weddings In Myrtle Beach has a special environment. There are some key bits of information you should be aware of. Here are some helpful tips for the destination bride;
1. If you're set on having a beach wedding, keep in mind it's only allowed non-commercially. This means you can say “I do” on a public beach if your officiant does not receive payment. There are also many public places such as parks and some residential areas as long as you have a facility-use permit.
2. If you plan on having a sand ceremony, you'll have to substitute plastic alternatives for any glass items such as vases or bottles. Neither glass nor fire is permitted on the beach at all, you can use candles and tiki torches as decoration only.
3. There are several venues to choose from to get married. Your options include the beach, a country club, plantation estates or private resort gardens. No matter where you decide, planning ahead is vital. It's best to be aware of seasonal weather patterns especially hurricane season. Summers are warm and humid and are famous for daily showers. Temps range from the 60's in January through March, and 70's/80's in the spring and fall. It's highly recommended to have a backup plan in case of inclement weather such as a waterproof tent, a pavilion, or a banquet hall.
4. Destination weddings usually involve traveling for most if not all of your guests, so try to offer a range of hospitality locations to accommodate different budgets and tastes. You may also want to include an extra, special event prior to or after the wedding day to really make the trip worthwhile. Many couples combine the ceremony with the honeymoon as a package deal.
5. A couple bonus tips for the bride to be; Make sure the wedding gown is of a light and breathable fabric for comfort. If you decide to have a train, consider the type of ground you'll be walking on, whether it's sand or grass, you don't want to stain the train! One last thing to think about is getting a professional makeup artist. You want your makeup to hold all day without caking or streaking in the heat. A professional photographer would also be ideal.
So what are you waiting for? Myrtle Beach is calling!